One of the greatest pleasures of exploration is being able to communicate each new discovery. And Kenwood’s TM-D700A/E Data Communicator allows you to do just that. This FM dual-band mobile transceiver harnesses APRSÂ®, GPS and SSTV technologies to provide world-class communications for the Great Outdoors.
As smart as Kenwood’s new TM-D700A/E is — with its extra-large amber & black display (reversible) — it is even smarter inside. This new-generation mobile transceiver features a built-in TNC to offer a wide range of data communications options, including simple packet operation using the AX.25 protocol. You can even send and receive SSTV images (using Kenwood’s VC-H1). But above all the TM-D700A/E is fully equipped to make the most of APRSÂ® — the Automatic Packet/Position Reporting System.
Features at a glance:
- KISS Mode (TM-D700E only)
- Built-in 1200/9600bps TNC compliant with AX.25 protocol
- Full Dual-band operation: VHF x VHF/ VHF x UHF/ UHF x UHF
- Remote panel (extension cable and panel holder supplied) with extra-large (188 x 54 dots) backlit LCD & multifunction key display (reversible)
- D-sub 9-pin terminal (for PCs)
- GPS input terminal (NMEA-0183)
- 9600bps PC-based packet communications for chat, BBS